Well, friends, it’s time again for another tour of our school bus conversion!
If you’re new here, here’s the quick story: we have four kids and have been living in and remodeling a school bus turned RV. We’re parked on the organic herb farm my dad runs and looking for some land to build on. At this point, we’re unsure of travel plans, but hope to get out sometime to soon to visit the wonderful people we know around the country.
This is the front of the bus, looking forward from the kitchen area.
Here’s what’s under this bench: shoes, board games, school supplies.
And under here, we have my business stuff, yarn and backpacks.
View from the door, with our table up.
I love this shelf Ian put over the fridge. We keep stuff up there that needs to be out of reach of the kids.
And my TARDIS in the kitchen window. Because the bus needed a TARDIS. 🙂
I love my shower!
Our Jotul stove. Runs like a champ and keeps us so toasty warm.
The bathroom. Our most unfinished space.
The bunk area.
Still to do:
- Finish the cabinet doors and drawers. The ones that are finished just need to be painted and Ian is making the rest.
- Upholster the benches. Especially now that some kids I know decided to paint them black while doing a craft.
- Replace our black water tank. We have a new one being custom made and are just w a i t i n g for it get here.
- Install bathroom cabinet and sink.
- Paint the inside walls.
- Paint the outside. Right now it looks like a Frankenbus because the man who originally converted it used all sorts of different colored RV siding panels to cover up where the windows had been. We prefer it to be one solid color. Maybe with some kid art added.
And if you want to see a walkthrough of the bus, here’s the latest video (from the beginning of February):